Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Moving, Bear With Me!

Hey everyone! 

I just got a new job so I'll be moving down to the land of Aerospace, Houston Texas.  With looking for a job and a place to live, I've been insanely busy.  You know you're busy when you don't have time to drink beer.  I'm really excited though.  I found an apartment today, and the kitchen is HUGE.  Perfect for brewing.  This is great for me, great for my homebrew, and ultimately great for you as readers as well.  Unfortunately, it means I won't be able to post very much.  I have a lot of stuff in the works, but with packing and moving everything I own, my posts will be infrequent at best.  BUT: I have a lot of new posts coming up (probably next month).

Tastings:
Jaggery Dubbel (A dubbel brewed with Palm Sugar)
Spontaneous Plum Wine (With an update about what I've done since week 1!)

Tours:
Messina Hof Winery in College Station, TX
Revolver Brewing (Grand Opening) in Granbury, TX

Bottling (no posts, but future tastings)
Mead (my first ever)

Other Things:
DIY Stirplate build. It is awesome, I've had it 2 days and I'm in love.
Kombucha Brewing
Kombucha Troubleshooting (assuming my fix works) 

Post move, I'll be brewing a Barleywine, playing with Cream Ales (how would a porter with California Common yeast work?), a big batch of Cranberry wine, tons of Ciders (straight, ice cider, caramelized cider, and blending), and moving up to closer to 5 gallon batches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...